- Living Hope Counseling Center was established in March of 2000 by Susan Yarrington, LCPC. She had a vision to provide affordable professional counseling to those people who might not otherwise have access to these services.
- Living Hope Counseling Center (LHCC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit. Donations to our organization are tax-deductible.
- Hope Church in Springfield, Illinois has been a gracious partner since our inception in 2000 by providing counseling rooms in their previous location on Old Jacksonville Road. Hope Church continues to generously provide a home for our main office on the grounds at Lenhart Road. Yet, we are a separate entity from Hope Church with our own board of directors, our own budget, and our own funding sources.
- Other area partner churches providing satellite offices are South Side Christian and First Christian Church Downtown in Springfield, First Christian Church in Jacksonville and First Christian Church in Mt. Pulaski.
- Partner churches who currently support Living Hope are Cherry Hills Church, West Side Christian Church, Hope Church, Rochester Christian Church, Cornerstone Community Church in Auburn, First Christian Church in Jacksonville, and First Christian Church in Mt. Pulaski.
- We also partner with local businesses to provide an Employee Assistance Program. Local partner business are Express Personnel Services, Zara Collision, and UTG.
Our counselors receive compensation only on the monies collected from client co-pays, insurance payments and other third party arrangements. Even though each counselor is considered an employee of LHCC, they are not salaried. Our counselors are part-time and they are responsible for their own liability insurance, health insurance, licensing fees, and continuing education expenses. Making sure clients keep their balances paid is essential to providing the counselor with a fair wage.
LHCC began serving the Springfield, Illinois 18 years ago. From the year 2000 to 2013, we experienced slow, steady growth. Then something happened between the years 2013 and 2016! Our clients served increased by 57% and the number of sessions increased by 51%.
- 2013: 359 clients with 2,114 sessions
- 2014: 420 clients with 2,746 sessions
- 2015: 521 clients with 3,282 sessions
- 2016: 619 clients with 4,146 sessions
- 2017: 584 clients with 4,041 sessions
The growth continues in 2018 as we are averaging close to 500 sessions per month.
Gap Program Sessions Stats
The Gap Program served the following clients over the past five years:
- 2013: 53 clients provided 206 sessions
- 2014: 74 clients provided 373 sessions
- 2015: 117 clients provided 693 sessions
- 2016: 120 clients provided 718 sessions
- 2017: 109 clients provided 645 sessions
Total dollars spent from Gap Program fund each year:
- 2013: $6,032
- 2014: $8,957
- 2015: $13,635
- 2016: $13,373
- 2017: $14,205