Our goal at Living Hope Counseling Center is to make affordable counseling available to those in need regardless of finances. We offer insurance coverage for many insurance plans. If you prefer not to use insurance or do not have coverage, we offer a sliding scale fee based on income and a subsidized program for low-income clients.
Our regular fee for counseling is $147 for 60 minutes.
Sliding Fee Scale
We offer a sliding scale program for clients not covered by or not wanting to use insurance. The sliding scale is based on annual household income and the fee is for a 60-minute session:
- $201,000 and up - $147
- $50,000 to $200,000 - $120
- $45,000 to $49,999 - $110
- $40,000 to $44,999 - $100
- $35,000 to $39,999 - $90
- $30,000 to $34,999 - $80
- $25,000 to $29,999 - $70
- Below $25,000 - $60 (or apply for GAP)
If your annual household income is less than $25,000, you can apply for hardship and use our GAP scale. You will pay a small fee for each session and receive the following schedule of sessions:
- $20 per session - 14 Sessions
- $25 per session - 16 Sessions
- $30 per session - 20 Sessions
- $35 per session - 25 Sessions
- $40 per session - 33 Sessions
- $45 per session - 50 Sessions
- $50 per session - 100 Sessions
- $55 per session - Unlimited
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards.
Living Hope Counseling Center is unable to accept Medicare, Medicaid, or any Public Aid.
We are in-network with several insurance plans. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Before you come to your first appointment, we ask that you contact your insurance company to obtain benefit information. Some questions to ask are:
• Do I have behavioral health coverage?
• Is approval or referral required from my primary care physician?
• What is my copay or coinsurance if I do have coverage?
• Do I have a deductible and has it been met? If not, how much remains?
• How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
If you choose to use your insurance benefits to pay for counseling services, it is your responsibility to contact your insurance company to find out benefits and whether you require pre-authorization or a referral from a primary care physician. Keep in mind you will be responsible for any out-of-network payments due to failure to obtain the appropriate referral prior to your first session. You will also be responsible for any deductible.
We will collect your copay or coinsurance prior to each session. If you do not know your copay, we will collect a standard $25 copay until we understand your benefits.
INSURANCE INFORMATION - Please read carefully
- MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER EMPLOYEES: Please contact your benefits coordinator to receive a referral through your Employee Assistance Program. Your insurance will not cover Living Hope Counseling Center counselors.
- BCBS HMO State of Illinois Plan (Physicians Health Assoc): Please contact your insurance carrier to ask for an authorization prior to making an appointment. We are out of network. If they do not provide an authorization, you will be responsible for 50% of the allowed amount. A PCP referral with not work for this plan.
- SPRINGFIELD CLINIC EMPLOYEES: Contact your PCP prior to the first session for a referral. We are out of network with your Cigna insurance. If you receive a referral, sometimes they will cover as in-network.
WE ARE IN NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE: (You are still responsible for checking with your insurance to understand benefits).
- Aetna PPO and EAP Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Plans
- Health Alliance
- Health Link
- Health Link Open Access (State of Illinois Plan)
- United Healthcare (Optum)