Our goal at Living Hope Counseling Center is to make affordable counseling available to those in need regardless of finances. We offer insurance coverage for many insurance plans. If you prefer not to use insurance or do not have coverage, we offer a sliding scale fee based on income and a subsidized program for low-income clients.
Our regular fee for counseling is $147 for 60 minutes.
Sliding Fee Scale
We offer a sliding scale program for clients not covered by or not wanting to use insurance. The sliding scale is based on annual household income and the fee is for a 60-minute session:
- $201,000 and up - $147
- $50,000 to $200,000 - $120
- $45,000 to $49,999 - $110
- $40,000 to $44,999 - $100
- $35,000 to $39,999 - $90
- $30,000 to $34,999 - $80
- $25,000 to $29,999 - $70
- Below $25,000 - $60 (or apply for GAP)
If your annual household income is less than $25,000, you can apply for hardship and use our GAP scale. You will pay a small fee for each session and receive the following schedule of sessions:
- $20 per session - 9 Sessions
- $25 per session - 10 Sessions
- $30 per session - 12 Sessions
- $35 per session - 15 Sessions
- $40 per session - 20 Sessions
- $45 per session - 30 Sessions
- $50 per session - 60 Sessions
- $55 per session - Unlimited
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards.
We are in-network with several insurance plans. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Before you come to your first appointment, we ask that you contact your insurance company to obtain benefit information. Some questions to ask are:
• Do I have behavioral health coverage?
• Is approval or referral required from my primary care physician?
• What is my copay or coinsurance if I do have coverage?
• Do I have a deductible and has it been met? If not, how much remains?
• How many sessions per year does my plan cover?
If you choose to use your insurance benefits to pay for counseling services, it is your responsibility to contact your insurance company to find out benefits and whether you require pre-authorization or a referral from a primary care physician. Keep in mind you will be responsible for any out-of-network payments due to failure to obtain the appropriate referral prior to your first session.
We will collect your copay or coinsurance prior to each session. If you do not know your copay, we will collect a standard $25 copay until we understand your benefits.
The following insurance plans are accepted, but coverage varies for each staff counselor:
- Aetna (most plans pay out-of-network)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Cigna (not all counselors are in-network)
- Health Alliance (not all counselors are in-network)
- Health Link
- Magellan (LCPC only)
Living Hope Counseling Center is unable to accept Medicare, Medicaid, or any Public Aid.
*Memorial Medical Center employees must use the Employee Assistance Program. Your BCBS insurance does not cover mental health services with Living Hope Counseling Center.
*Physicians Health Association clients must obtain a referral prior to your first session.
*Springfield Clinic employees must receive a referral from your PCP prior to your first session.